Terms and Conditions
- The contract between BJM School of Motoring, Bradford, West Yorkshire and you (the student), is for driving lessons with BJM School of Motoring. If you (the student) are not of the legal age of consent 18 years or over as stated by law to sign and enter into a contract with BJM School of Motoring then this contract must be signed by the parent / guardian on behalf of named student and or after the 5th lesson you will be deemed to be in a verbal agreement to continue with the driving lessons here-onwards.
- Driving licenses and fitness to drive: You (the student) must hold a current, valid driving license, provisional, full or international, and produce it on (or in advance of) your first lesson. You must be fit to drive with regard to legal and medical requirements. Your BJM instructor reserves the right to cancel any lesson at any time if the pupil is unfit to drive due to drink, drugs or prescribed medicine, fatigue or unfit for any other reason or condition that would cause his / her driving to be dangerous or illegal. In such circumstances the lesson fee will be payable.
- Payment and Cancelations: You (the student) must pay for your driving lessons in advance before any lesson can commence or on the day of that lesson. BJM School of Motoring will accept the following payment methods, cash payment direct to your instructor. (Receipt will be given upon request) or bank transfer. No other payment will be currently accepted, other electronic payment methods are been considered. If you wish to cancel or rearrange a lesson/s at least 48 hours notice is required to be given to your BJM driving instructor.
- Failure to provide your BJM instructor 48 hours notice, your instructor will be entitled to charge for that lesson/s concerned. Failure to pay may result in your driving instructor taking the necessary steps to recuperate that loss and any unnecessary costs incurred doing so by the instructor will result in the pupil being liable for those costs too. Your instructor will do everything possible to ensure that your lessons start and finish on time, but reserves the right to postpone or change lesson lengths and start / finish times under certain circumstances e.g.: adverse conditions or mechanical breakdown of the BJM vehicle/s in question. In the event of any of the above fees paid in advance will be carried forward.
- Communication: Methods of notification of cancelation / rearranging of lessons acceptable by your BJM instructor are text message, email or phone call. Upon receipt of notification your BJM instructor will contact you to confirm the cancelation / rearranging of your lesson/s and to book you (the student) in for your next lesson/s. Unless this communication between you (the student) and your BJM instructor takes place please assume a communications failure e.g. none delivery of text or email has taken place. Which is the reason BJM School of motoring recommends that you use the phone to verbally confirm the request. Email options and contact numbers are available on the website contact page: Contact Us
- Bookings and Lesson duration: You cannot sell or transfer lesson(s) / offers which have been purchased in Your name to any other person without consent from your BJM instructor. You will endeavour or to maintain regular lesson slots with BJM to ensure continuity of training program and success. The minimum lesson period is one hour. If, for any reason, the instructor is late for the lesson he / she will make a concerted effort to inform the pupil of the estimated time of arrival. If the delay is greater than 15 minutes this time will be credited to the pupil and when possible, the lesson will be extended by the time due – if this is not possible the extra time will be carried forward to the next suitable lesson.
- Training Location: All sessions will start and finish at the same location unless alternative arrangements are made in advance. The BJM instructor will determine a location for practical lessons which ensures both the pupil’s and public safety – this means that the instructor may need to drive the pupil to and from the lesson location; this journey time forms part of the lesson as paid for.
- Training vehicles: Training vehicles provided by BJM are dual controlled, dash cam fitted front and rear for your health and safety, taxed, MOT and insured for tuition including the DVSA practical test. Pupils who wish to use their own car must supply a copy of the valid Tax payment, valid MOT and valid copy of car insurance for your instructor to keep for their records. And of course, your instructor must agree first and will do so in advance if agreement is made between both parties.
- Special offers: All BJM School of Motoring promotional offer is subject to availability and *T&Cs. All promotional prices are a limited time only offers (please check availability) with your instructor. The current special offer of the first 4 lessons for £79* applies to total beginners only meaning no driving experience with any other ADI (approved driving instructor/s). The introductory offer of the first four lessons £79* is a mini discounted four lesson block booking subject to * terms and conditions, full payment of £79 must be made in advance.
- No other offer / promotion can be used in conjunction with any other special offer. All promotional deals / offers are non-refundable Eligibility for any BJM School of Motoring offers / promotions dependent upon *terms and conditions.
- BJM promise: Students must be test ready as agreed by both BJM instructor and you (the pupil), when both agree the DVSA practical test should be then booked. If a pupil books their practical test “without “informing their BJM instructor, then the BJM promise maybe be removed at the BJM instructors discretion. In the lead up to that test if the instructor deems that the pupil is simply not ready / following the training plan for the practical test then that pupil will be refused the use of the BJM car they have used during training.
- Lead up to the students DVSA practical driving test: if your BJM instructor deems the the pupil is simply not ready for the DVSA practical driving test post mock driving test without completing their custom training plan the pupil maybe refused the use of the BJM car, they have used during training for the driving test circumstances dependant. However BJM will and can train you right up to the test if required and will advise you how you can still take your practical test.
- Liability: BJM School of Motoring will not be liable for any loss or damage caused where and to the extent that there is no breach of legal duty owned by the pupil or relevant body or person. BJM School of Motoring will not be liable for losses relating to any business or personal liability you may incur including without limitation, lost profits, loss of opportunity or and including interruption.
BJM adheres to a strict code of conduct.
BJM reserves the right to change or alter any of the terms and conditions / prices without prior notice, but will endeavour to inform all of our students of all / any changes as soon as possible.
You don’t need to take any further action to accept the Terms and Conditions
Law applying to terms and conditions: These Terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.